Bard's Resume (Long Form)
View PDF version for print or download
Multi-talented marketing executive with a proven track record in
building, leading and focusing strategic and partner marketing organizations
in the education and consumer technology marketplace. Skilled in
strategic business planning, team building, partner development,
Web2.0 marketing, program development, and events management. Collegial,
motivated, and passionate about technology and marketing. Accomplished
keynote speaker and award-winning published author of 14 books and
numerous articles. He's also a motivational speaker, and occasional
Techthree Marketing & Consulting, LLC
Saratoga, CA (www.techthree.com)
Managing small and large teams of marketing professionals, providing strategic direction, developing and managing channel marketing programs - especially for high-tech and/or the education marketplace. Authoring and managing content for websites, newletters and email/social media programs. Working with companies from 2-30,000 employees.
Alviso, CA (www.tivo.com)
Director, Channel & Retail Marketing
Partner, International & Retail
closely with US and International platform partners in developing,
managing and marketing their TiVo-based solutions, drove development
of the joint marketing strategy and programs, represented the interests
of the company's platform partners back into the TiVo marketing
organization, developed and then executed the overall platform marketing
plan, worked with business development to deliver new platform
partners and assesses
marketing program effectiveness and works with our partners to
conduct analysis. Responsible for retail presence in all retailers.
Responsible for creating and supporting marketing efforts with our
strategic and license partners worldwide.
Silicon Valley Massage Therapy Group, LLC.
San Jose, CA (www.svmassagetherapy.com)
Originator of new concept in health and wellness based on therapeutic
massage therapy. Supported by a group of California Certified and
Licensed therapists from around the Bay Area.
Techthree Marketing and Consulting Services, Inc.
Los Gatos, CA (www.techthree.com)
President & CEO
grew company specializing in marketing for the technology (hardware,
software, training, management) industry, with demonstrated expertise
in the education, creative, enterprise and consumer marketplaces.
Actively helped more than 70 companies, including Adobe, Palm, Corel,
AOL and TiVo, develop and implement marketing plans and programs.
Grew company revenue to more than $500K annually within first 2
Specific skills and experience includes:
- Creating and executing strategic marketing plans
- Designing and executing partner marketing strategy
- Managing a team to completely redesign corporate websites
- Building and deploying sales and marketing collateral
- Producing and managing successful webinars
- Managing an international product evangelist and advisory team
- Managing marketing support for new product launches
- Collaborating and directing business development efforts
- Presenting keynote speeches, presentations and workshops for client and partner presentations at conferences & events
- Developing and managing email and newsletter communications
Apple Computer, Inc., Cupertino, CA
Progressed from highly effective field marketing leader in the education market to managing worldwide consumer/games and programs marketing. Responsibilities included strategic marketing, partnership development, website content and design, and tradeshow management.
Sr. Marketing Manager, Worldwide Markets – Corporate. Cupertino,
- Developed key programs and strategies for the consumer/games
and creative markets worldwide resulting in a significant increase
in awareness and demand for Apple products.
- Developed and implemented consumer/games marketing programs
resulting in increased support, development, and sales for Apple
hardware and software
- Redesigned and implemented a solution focused website for
the Creative (business) and Games (consumer) markets driving
exponential increases in web traffic
- Built and implemented a plan to increase the effectiveness
of corporate presence at key tradeshows drawing media and consumer
attention to more than 100 events per year
- Hired a ground-breaking team of creative and consumer/games
Sr. Marketing Manager, K-12 Internet & Administrative Solutions
- Corporate - Cupertino, CA
Developed, planned, implemented and evaluated marketing programs
surrounding Apple education products and services, strengthened
relationships with Apple's strategic partners, led a team who
redesigned the company’s education website. Keynoted major education
conferences and events.
Marketing Manager, Strategic Education Initiatives, Northeast
Region - Boston, MA
Authored policies and developed and implemented programs encouraging the development of technology in 8 Northeastern states. Keynoted large conferences, explored and facilitated nationwide strategic initiatives; built Internet strategies; developed and implemented marketing and staff development programs; managed grant programs; managed a team of education lobbyists; created and conducted seminars; planned with governors, legislators, and superintendents; gathered input for research and development.
Gwinnett County Public Schools, Lawrenceville, GA
Involved in management and decision-making at every level of introducing new technologies into a forward-thinking suburban Atlanta school district that grew to more than 100,000 students and 80 schools.
District Coordinator of Computer Technology & Support
Built and implemented district-wide technology plans with a $50M+ budget that included:
Coordinator of Instructional Technology
- Selecting and approving hardware and administrative/productivity software
- Authoring and implementing a universal professional development plan
- Overseeing network design and installation at 70+ school facilities
Chosen as growing school district's first instructional technology coordinator. Selected, purchased, and installed computer technology district-wide. Managed professional development and training, grant preparation, curriculum/instructional support, project development.
School Administrator/Technology Coordinator
First local school technology coordinator. Coordinated the installation, management, scheduling, maintenance and instruction in instructional computing labs; conducted and coordinated professional development.
Educator - Trickum Middle School
Sixth, seventh and eighth grade teacher. Content areas included: Science, Mathematics, English, Social Studies, Journalism, Computer Applications and Programming; department chair.
Emory University, Atlanta, GA
Taught undergraduate course in education and curriculum methods and content in Science Education; guest lecturer for mathematics, science, methods and numerous other graduate courses.
CNN/Turner Learning, Teachable Tech, Inc., Atlanta, GA
and technology/ writer and Marketing Consultant
Provide a variety of technology and educational consulting services. Clients include: TBS/CNN, University of Georgia, Georgia State University, Emory University, Apple Computer, Cobb/Fulton/Dekalb Schools (GA), Okaloosa County Schools (FL), IBM, Glencoe/Houghton-Mifflin Publishing Co. Products: CNN Science Access (VideoLink); CNN Newsroom, CNN News Access, Democracy In America, Captain Planet and the Planeteers.
- Ed.D, Curriculum and Instructional Technology, University of Georgia, Athens, GA
- Administration/Supervision Certification (L-5), Emory University, Atlanta, GA
- Postgraduate course work, D.A.S.T. program, Emory University, Atlanta, GA
- M.Ed. Mathematics/Science Education, Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA
- B.S.Ed. Speech Communications and English, University of Georgia,
- Certified Massage Therapist, California Massage Therapy Council,
National Holistic Institute, San Jose, CA
Memberships and Associations
- American Marketing Association
- Surfrider Foundation
- Phi Kappa Theta Fraternity
- University of Georgia Alumni Association
- Los Gatos (CA) Chamber of Commerce
- Better Business Bureau of Silicon Valley
- American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA)
- American Bodywork and Massage Professionals (ABMP)